The first Methodist church in Hopkinsville was built in 1818 and was located at what is now Fifth Street. It had benches without backs and a floor with a crack so large "that chickens could be seen scratching underneath." By 1821, the church had grown to 181 members.
In 1847, a new church was built at the corner of Ninth and Clay Streets. By 1884, with a congregation of 260 members, a major remodeling provided seating for 500 people.
In 1908, land was purchased for $7,000.00 at the corner of Thirteenth and Main Street, with construction actually beginning in 1916. The first service was held in the new sanctuary on March 4, 1917.
In 1954, the Educational Building, including a chapel, was added to the church.
After breaking ground in the fall of 1993, the most recent addition was consecrated in June of 1996. This included the Gathering Area, Cornell Hall, Youth Lounge, and numerous Sunday School classrooms.